Thursday 24 March 2016

Ginger jeans and Waver jacket plans

Two patterns I've had my eye on for a while are the Ginger Jeans and Waver jacket.  And seeing Layla's version of the Waver jacket at the overlocker class she taught, it pretty much sealed the deal.  So when I picked both patterns up from Guthrie & Ghani recently, I knew I'd need to start looking at fabric choices.


For the jeans, I settled on two different stretch denims, both from Guthrie & Ghani.  The one on the left is an unusual bubble print, and is a dark indigo.  The denim on the right is a standard stretch denim in a more casual mid blue. 


Both denims are currently in stock, if you like the look of them.

As for the Waver jacket, I am considering making it out of the flamingo cotton I picked up last year on Goldhawk Road.  Would that be too much?  Maybe it would be better as a lining, and have the main coat in a plain fabric, to make the coat more wearable.  I've got some lovely plain fabrics in my stash, so maybe I should shop that for my first Waver.

No comments: