Tuesday 16 December 2008

Photos of our tree

As requested (and promised!!), here are a few photos of the tree that stands in our living room. It is a collection of vintage, new(ish) and handmade decorations - and we tend to add to it every year. Anyway, enough of me jabbering on! Here are the photos!! :D



My parents brought us back the red velvet ribbon for the top of the tree from one of their frequent trips over to America, a few years back. I really like it because it's not the usual star or fairy.



I made the gingham heart myself. There are currently two on the tree, as well as several in different fabrics dotted around the house (although they are constantly being moved around as the Moomin likes to play with them!!). I bought the brass sun ornament (there are a few of them on the tree) when I worked at Culpeper.



And here is one of the robins made from feathers that we have. It is perched precariously on a branch, as the Moomin has somehow managed to pull it off its thread!! You can also see a brass sun disc (again from Culpeper). They are so deliciously Pagan, and remind us that even though it's cold and dark outside, the warming sun of spring is not too far away. Don't you just love that symbolism?!

No comments: