Thursday 8 January 2009

Very sleepy now, and a photo of a doll

Just a quick post before I finally clamber into bed. The meal tonight was gorgeous, and it was wonderful to catch up with friends we haven't seen in a while. For Craig's birthday (he turned 29), I made him a "Craig Doll", which was dressed in a karate uniform, complete with black belt (Craig is a karate instructor). Evereyone loved the little doll, and were making it do all the karate moves across the table all evening. Here is a photo I took of it earlier.



It's not bad for a first attempt at making a doll. I designed the pattern for it myself, and just winged it with the little jacket and trousers. Although Craig told me this evening that I had tied the belt wrong!! But I don't do karate, so how was I to know? ;) I now have several requests to do mini versions of other people, so I'm going to see if I can perfect the little doll pattern over the next few days. I'll let you know how I get on. :)

1 comment:

Miss sew n sew said...

Love your doll think it's brilliant for your first attempt. Reading your last post what an amazing and romantic place to get married how exciting?! I love New York and have visited Central Park such a beautiful place I agree snow would be perfect!
Sarahx